Thanksgiving is a festivity from the United States that many of us around the world know about. We also know, more or less, the story behind it. English colonists arrived in a ship to the “new world” in 1620, a super heavy winter took the lives of half of them and the rest, helped by natives, were able to settle. In November of 1621, the first corn harvest was successful and as a sign of gratitude, colonists organized a feast with the native people. That is basically all we know.
What we do not know is that all of those events could occur thanks to the humanity of many people, but one man, in particular, Squanto. Squanto was a former slave who was kidnapped by the English and managed to escape and return to his land. Take a breath and imagine all he must have gone through. Yet, when the time came, when he was faced with the opportunity to somehow revenge his pain and hardships against the very people who caused them, what did he do? As he spoke English he taught them how to cultivate corn, extract sap from maple trees, catch fish in the rivers and avoid poisonous plants, and so on. He helped them survive.
Obviously, we can’t know what was Squanto thinking, but as the philosopher, Terrence says: “I am a human being, nothing human is alien to me.” We can infer pretty well that some anger, rage, pain, surely passed through his heart. And it is precisely there, in the heart, where the essence of Thanks Givings resides. It is about our capacity to give, to share, to cooperate, to let go, to love and help, to be there for each other despite our differences. Thanks to the extraordinary capacity of forgiveness and humanity Squanto delivered we now talk about Thanks Giving centuries after.
Connecting to the best of us is not always easy, but for anything truly great to happen, we have no other option. It is together that we will be able to live through challenges, all of them. And for that, let us be grateful.
This week’s meditation is called Mandhavani Kriya. It is a meditation to connect with our inner wisdom, with our heart, and, from there, interact with life and others. In November we talk a lot about gratitude, which is one of the most relevant and fundamental emotions, gratitude resides there, in the heart, in the depth of our souls. Let’s connect with our hearts and allow all our beauty to emerge.
Let’s practice together!
In our Youtube Channel you have a video with the guided practice of the Mandhavani Kriya Heart Chakra Meditation for Clarity. If you want to practice on your own, find the instructions below. Enjoy!
How to Practice the Mandhavani Kriya · HEART CHAKRA MEDITATION FOR CLARITY:
- Begin sitting down in any comfortable seated position where you can elongate the spine. Use blocks, cushions, or blankets if you need to sit down comfortably. You may also sit in a chair.
- Be sure to keep your spine elongated, your chest open and your shoulders relaxed.
- Place your hands in front of the throat, forearms paraIlel to the ground. The left palm faces down; with the fingers pointing to the right. Extend the left thumb towards the throat.
- Bring the right thumb between the left thumb and index finger, placing it at the center of the left palm, and allow the fingers of the right hand to rest on the back of the left hand.
- Lock the right thumb in place and apply firm pressure on the left palm.
- Hold the position at the level of the throat about 15cm in front of the body.
- Eyes are closed.
- Inhale deeply and chant in a monotone with one breath the mantra: “Aad Such Jugaad Such Hai Bhai Such”.
- Inhale and continue for 7-11min.
- Be sure to keep the arms parallel to the ground. The key to this meditation is locking the right thumb and keeping firm pressure on the center of the left hand.
The practice of this meditation, even briefly, brings your focus to the heart center, opens perception and gives you clarity.
Winter Kundalini Yoga Retreat at the Swiss Alps
December 9th to 12th
Tantric Numerology Session
Personalized session to gain understanding of your numbers and what they say about your strengths and challenges & receive a Kundalini Yoga practice based on your numerology.
Happy Chemicals Workshop
Yogic tools to hack your brain & conquer your thoughts!
IMAGINE YOGA ACADEMY · KUNDALINI YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Let's stay in touch!
- To donate through PayPal, please click on the button below.
- Para donar a través de PayPal por favor haz click en el botón.